“Who is the Church For?”| Ephesians 4:1-7 | Jared Wilson
The church is for them.
The church is for you.
The church is ultimately for Christ.
1. Discuss this question at the beginning or the end: What in the sermon did you find most helpful, convicting, or encouraging?
2. How can strive to become an “Acts 2 church,” even though we sometimes have “Acts 6 problems?”
3. Since the church is “for them,” in what ways should our church services be evangelistic? In what ways should our church members be evangelistic?
4. What are some of the invalid reasons you’ve heard for people leaving a local church or not even visiting one? How can we respond to their reasons?
5. What are some of the ways we too easily or regularly make the church about us? Why is it not about us?
6. Are you more optimistic or suspicious of the local church and its members? How can we strive to be more optimistic than suspicious?
7. How can we bridge those natural gaps that threaten to divide the members of Liberty Baptist, specifically? What has a tendency to divide you more than anything else?
8. What are some of the sins and problems you’ve had revealed in your life because you’re a member of Liberty Baptist?
9. What used to be a pervading problem you saw in the local church that isn’t all that pervading anymore?
10. What are some of the ways we come in contact with the gospel every week at Liberty Baptist?